1. You will receive a body
You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period.
2. You will be presented with lessons
You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called Life. Each day in this school you will learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons
Growth is a process of trial and error: experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately “works.”
4. A lesson is repeated until learned
A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learn it. Once learned, you then go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end
There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. “There” is no better than “here”
When your “there” has become a “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here.”
7. Others are merely mirrors of you
You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make your life is up to you
You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. The answers to Life's questions lie inside you
All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
10. You will forget all of this at birth
You can remember it if you want by unraveling the double helix of inner knowing.
Success in life isn’t a given.
It costs attitude, ambition and acceptance.
- Jennifer Leigh Youngs